Through open, usable, cloud-based technologies, Canvas enables easy integration of the content, tools, and services that teachers need and students want. As the most usable, customizable, adaptable, and reliable learning platform, Canvas is adopted faster and deeper than any other Learning Management System (LMS).
In the 2016-2017 academic year, Tulane University will be preparing to move from the Blackboard Learning Management System to Canvas by Instructure to deliver course content. Both systems will run concurrently to facilitate content migration, training and transition related goals.
Here is the official Transition Timeline:
- July 31st – Course transition begins – Canvas will copy all 2015-2016 academic year courses over.
- Fall 2016 – Canvas is available for all courses across all campuses. Blackboard will still be active.
- Spring 2017 – Canvas will be the LMS of record for the University. Blackboard will be available for archival purposes.
- July 1, 2017 – Blackboard will become unavailable.
Click here for more information.
SonicFoundry Mediasite is being used to capture class material, guest lectures, seminars, training sessions, live events, and more to create recordings and rich video content viewable anywhere, including mobile devices.
Mediasite Lecture Capture has replaced Tegrity beginning June 1, 2014. If you were using Tegrity for your lecture capture needs, please contact your Mediasite representative for information about your existing content and training for Mediasite.
- Tulane Mediasite Login
- General Inquiries and Support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine – contact Ken Tyrolf, 504-988-6720, email@example.com
- School of Medicine – contact Chris Andrews, 504-988-6602, firstname.lastname@example.org