Tulane Email - WaveMail
General Information on the Tulane email system, which is called WaveMail, can be found on the Tulane web site: http://tulane.edu/email/
To access email via the web:
Tulane Email - Microsoft Outlook
Follow the steps below to setup Microsoft Outlook on your PC.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- The account wizard may open. If so skip to step 5.
- If the wizard doesn’t open, go to the File tab
- Select Add Account
- Enter your information into the Auto Account Setup window
- First and Last Name
- email address
- Retype Password
- Click Next
- If prompted for your user name and password again, enter them. The user name should include @tulane.edu
- The screen will change as Outlook begins to set you your account
- Click Finish
Tulane Email - iPad and iPhone
Follow these steps to add Tulane WaveMail to your Apple mobile device.
- Using the iPad or iPhone, go to Settings
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account…
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your email@example.com email address and password
- Your iPhone/iPad should automatically find the server information.
- If prompted, manually enter the server outlook.office365.com. Leave Domain blank.
- Tap Next
- You will be prompted to set your sync preferences
- Make your selections and tap Save
Tulane Email - Android
Follow these steps to add Tulane WaveMail to your Android mobile device.
- Go to Settings
- Slide down to Accounts
- Click Add Account
- Select Microsoft Exchange, Corporate Sync, or Corporate
- Click Agree
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your password
- Domain: leave blank
- Username: email@example.com
- Server (if prompted) outlook.office365.com
- Click Next
- Choose synchronization options then click Next
- Click Done
- Select Activate
Tulane Email - Forward Email to Another Account
Follow the steps below to forward WaveMail to another email account.
***This forward must be put into place on the Outlook.com web interface.
***Please note: Effective December 2, Tulane Technology Services will not allow HIPAA identified users to configure autoforwarding from the Tulane email system to any outside email system.
- Log in to your WaveMail account:
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner
- In the drop down menu, click Options
- Look on the left hand column, under the Mail heading
- Select Forwarding
- In the blank Forward my email to: type in the address you would like to use.
- If you choose, check the box ‘Keep a copy of forwarded…‘ (meaning to keep a copy of all mail in your Tulane inbox).
- Click Start Forwarding.
- Return to your inbox by clicking Outlook in the top right corner.
NOTE: if your screen does not show the Options listed in these directions, you might be using the “light” version:
- Once you click Options and notice that your screen does not have the same color scheme or menu settings, go to Outlook version
- Uncheck the box: Use the blind and low vision experience
- Click Save which is above the check box in the blue stripe at the top
- Sign out of WaveMail and restart your browser
- Start again at the beginning of these directions to set up forwarding
Tulane Email - Blocked Account or Compromised Account
If you replied to a phishing message:
- Immediately change your password and your challenge questions: https://password.tulane.edu
- Monitor your Sent and Draft folders for any unusual activities. Report any unusual behavior to the Help Desk via phone or online.
- Check your email account for rules that send your email to trash or forward your email to an address that you are not familiar with. If you find one of these rules, delete the rule.
- Complete the Anti-Phishing Phyllis training http://phishbait.tulane.edu/training/
If you can no longer log into your account, your account may already be compromised and therefore blocked by the system administrators from causing further harm to you or to Tulane. If this is the case, please contact the Technical Support and Network Operations Center (TSNOC) at 504.862.8888 so that they may verify that your account is blocked. If your account is blocked, the TSNOC will escalate your request to level 2 support at Tulane for further action.
When the spammers have your password, they create a rule in your mailbox to forward a copy of your email to them, hence if you use tulane.edu email for banking or other online verification, act immediately to protect yourself by alerting your financial institution, placing fraud alerts on your credit files with the 3 major credit reporting bureaus and monitoring your account statements closely.
Tulane accounts are used to access many applications containing sensitive information. If there are any doubts on the legitimacy of an email, delete the email, and contact the TSNOC at 8888 on the Uptown Campus, 8-8888 on the Health Sciences Center campus or off-campus at 1-866-276-1428.
***Remember that the University will NEVER ask for your password in an e-mail. If you receive an e-mail that claims to be from the University and asks for your username and password, forward it (with all headers and the entire message) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fraudulent e-mail claiming to come from outside agencies (for example, PayPal) should be directed reported to the company being phished.