Media & Events
Reserving Rooms in the Tidewater Building
Planning an event? Inviting a speaker? Need a classroom for an extra study session? You can reserve rooms in the Tidewater Building and some other university facilities through the VEMS system.
- Rooms can generally be reserved for use between 8:00am – 9:00pm, based on room availability, with some exceptions for holidays and other times the building may be closed. If you need space outside of this time period, you must get prior approval from the Dean’s Office.
- Reservations should be made at least 48 hours in advance. If your request falls within 48 hours, see contact information below.
- Events where food is served as well as all events in the Diboll Gallery and Auditorium will require clean up following the event. An approved interdepartmental transfer for cleaning services is required one week in advance of the event.
Who may reserve a room in the Tidewater Building?
Both school-affiliated members and non-affiliated persons may reserve rooms, but there are different guidelines for each event type.
Affiliated Events include (but are not limited to):
- Student, faculty, or staff events which are part of the course of regular university business.
- Events conducted by student groups officially recognized by and registered with the university.
- University-sponsored events that are controlled and/or funded by the university and serve to primarily benefit the university or the school. The sponsoring entity must have a strong presence at the event (and have applicable dean or department head approval).
Fees are generally waived for Affiliated Events.
Affiliates should use this link:
Tulane staff, faculty and students can use this website to:
- Request rooms for meetings and events. All requests for Gibson class sessions and computer lab space should be forwarded to email@example.com
- Order additional Audio Visual (AV) equipment and/or services
- Review availability of rooms by seating capacity, room configuration, AV equipment and other amenities
If you would like your event to appear on the weekly SPHTM calendar and/or entire university calendar you can submit to Tulane University Calendar of Events
Events can be posted on SPHTM elevators by providing 8 postcard sized flyers to the Dean’s Office (drop box on desk straight ahead when you walk in), Ste. 2400 by Fridays at 11 a.m.
Non-Affiliated Events include (but are not limited to):
- Events organized by groups neither funded nor controlled by the university or any of its departments.
- Events not a part of the course of regular university business.
- Events hosted by the university or a university department, but primarily benefit an outside group.
- Events conducted by community groups, local or national organizations, student groups, etc., that are not officially recognized by and registered with the university.
- Events organized by members of the Tulane University community for non-university purposes.
There is a rental fee for Non-Affiliated Events. Other restrictions apply.
Non-affiliates should use this link:
Please use the reservation systems indicated, but if you need additional information or if your reservation is within 48 hours of your event, please contact:
SPHTM Classrooms and Computer Labs: Contact Leslie Bayonne in Student Services, 504-988-1053.
SPHTM Conference Rooms (1st and 24th Floor) and the Diboll Auditorium and/or Gallery: Contact Michele Dupre in the Dean’s Office, 504-988-5397.
SPHTM 19th Floor Rooms – Global Health Management and Policy – Alison Rinehart, 504-988-5895.